Baltimore, MD CE Academy
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
June 19, 2013
4 AIA HSW CE Hours
GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:00 AM Registration
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Eastern White Cedar: A Sustainable Choice for Exterior Siding
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | AIA Course Number: IMB06A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Maibec, Inc
Presenter: Bill McKinney
1. Discuss the importance of sustainable forestry
2. List the characteristics of Eastern White Cedar (EWC) and its many uses
3. Distinguish environmental elements in the harvest and production of EWC
4. Explain the benefits of EWC shingles as an exterior siding
5. Compare the life cycle of EWC shingles with other commonly utilized siding materials
6. Identify how specifying sustainable certified EWC shingles can contribute to LEED certification
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SDR113
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Kerry Degener
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven
to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations
and long term service life.
11:50 Lunch sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course # AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Todd Gunter
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
02:00 PM TBD
04:20 PM TBD
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When changes are final, this will no longer say “Preliminary”.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> AIA HSW/SD CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.